- Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment
- On the day of your Fake Bake treatment do not wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake Self-Tan
- Wear loose, dark clothing, samdals or flip flops
Immediately after your treatment:
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact
- Do not apply products over the developing tan
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6-8 hours (overnight if possible)
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing
- Avoid activities that make you perspire
- Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip the colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip the colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with a mild soap
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA's) as they can strip colour
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- 5-7 days after your tan it is recommended you gently exfoliate your skin with Fake Bake Passion Fruit Body Polish to ensure your tan fades evenly and to prepare your skin for your next Fake Bake application.
- To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, to lock in colour and hydrate the skin.